ListWise

Friday, October 01, 2010

Sneak Peek

If I din't already have commitments this weekend I could install the new carpet runner. It arrived on time as promised by rugsale.com. What this means is, I could have made it for the home tour this year.



Just as in most cities, the home tour is an annual event here in Eureka. Two years ago I won the residential preservation award and so I was asked to be on the home tour. The problem was, I wasn't sure if I could finish the foyer in time and I didn't want to be rushed. As it turns out though, I could have finished.

While it's true that I didn't finish everything on the list I wanted to get done in preparation for the tour, I did finish enough that I would have been comfortable inviting people in.

There's always next year.

6 comments:

Jan Marie said...

Looks great.

I thought you were going to go with the 40inch?

Looking forward to your posts on installation as we will be attempting this next year.

Enjoy the home tour.

Greg said...

In a panicked, last minute decision I switched to the 27-inch. It made it in to the comments of the last post. I can't say it was the right choice, but I know I don't dislike what I see so far.

St. Blogwen said...

What do you plan to do at the landing? Stop the runner, or mitre it?

The 40" wouldn't be so much like a runner, I think . . .

Kate H.
The Sow's Ear

Greg said...

Mitered on the 2 landings. It will continue up to the hallway and stop for now. I want to continue with the same runner in the upstairs hallway, but that could be a while.

One concern I have is that this pattern won't be available when I get around to that. That happened to me once before. I may go ahead and buy more now and just store it.

Christine Thresh said...

Congratulations. You made a wonderful choice. The 27" width is great. A wide runner would have looked like wall-to-wall carpet up the stairs.
Show us a photo when it is installed.

Greg said...

Christine,

Knowing me, there will be several photos of the finished product.