ListWise

Friday, August 03, 2012

On and on and on

The painting is taking forever. I started Monday and worked on it every night this week after work and I still don't have one coat on everything.

Even if I'm able to finish up on Saturday there is still the two plaster medallions and the two plaster corbels. Right now I'm giving them one coat of the trim paint, which the chamomile in semi-gloss. I have never intended to do a High Victorian, multi color paint job, but I would like to highlight some of the flora. I can see that I won't be finished until mid-week next week.

I'm going to try and make the picture rail on Sunday because that needs to get primed and at least one coat of paint on it before I install it. Installation probably won't happen until next weekend.

In the mean time I'm making a serious effort to shop for blinds, drapes, and rugs. It just goes on and on and on. At this point I feel like this will never end.

One good thing is that I'm starting to really like the color. I'm not sure the pictures do the colors justice. If I had to do it over, I would have made the ceiling color a shade darker, but all in all, I really like it. Whew!

2 comments:

St. Blogwen said...

"And we all shine on,
Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun . . . "

Good on you for making more progress than it feels like you are.

Kate H.
www.sowsearhouse.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

When I read the title of this post, I immediately thought of The Song That Never Ends: "...it just goes on and on, my friends..." I like Kate's song better. :)