ListWise

Monday, February 05, 2007

Frank Gehry Would Be Proud

The second bathroom cabinet did not come out exactly has I’d planned. I’m not sure if it’s something I can fix, or if I’ll have to start over. When I went to attach the face frame to the box it was obvious things were seriously out of whack. I tried to force in to square, but it wasn’t working. This was right before the Super Bowl was starting so I ripped off the face frame and left it where it sat.

I build the boxes out of the old 1X4 T&G bead board. I’ve built a total of 5 boxes this way, 4 in the kitchen and the first one in the bathroom, and the others came out fine. I’m not sure what happened with this last one but it is as torqued and convoluted as a Frank Gehry designed building.



If the truth be told, I’m having a bit of a crash & burn session over here at the old Petch House. First there was the toilet tank debacle and now the funky cabinet. These are hardly major set backs, but, it’s just, who knows….things aren’t moving fast enough on the bathroom. Even though I’ve made progress with all the rough-in on plumbing and electrical over the past few weeks, there is just not enough visual indication that things are progressing. The room looks pretty much as it did 4 weeks ago.

Also, the house is a disaster and I have no motivation to try and clean it up. It looks like a bathroom exploded in the dining room and other rooms aren’t doing much better. I’ve just gotten a little behind on a lot of things and there’s really no reason for it. I’m just in a bit of a funk.

I called DEA Bath today to order the correct flush valve for the toilet. I’ve decided to try and repair the tank and do it right. I was all set to give Jim a ration of shit for not telling me I was ordering the wrong part. It’s my opinion that somebody who works for a company selling things for a living should know their product and assist the customer in getting the right part. It’s not like we had 12 different flush valves to chose from. There were only 2 and my first question was about difference between the two flush valves. He should have given me better information.

Anyway, I was all ready to rip someone a new one over at DEA bath, and when they got on the phone the fire went out. I just ordered the stupid flush valve and quietly hung up. Ugh! I’m going to go take a nap.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I had a similar feeling when doing our bathroom. So much time was spent on doing the behind the scenes stuff that took so long. Saving grace is when you get to putting everything back together or painting or tiling the progress seems to fly in comparison.