ListWise

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Holy Crap!

I worked myself in to a stupor today. I was up on the roof at 9:45 this morning and worked until 5:30 this evening, with only one break for lunch of about a half hour. This is the first time I’ve gotten a blister from the paint scraper, and the first time I’ve every used an entire gallon of primer in one day. Those old west facing shingles just drank up the primer. I also have a blister on my foot from working on the slanted roof.

It wasn’t as hot today as it was yesterday. It was still warm, but there was a very gentle breeze coming off the bay. It was just perfect painting weather. I got the whole west side above the porch stripped to bare wood, puttied, sanded, and primed. It was an incredible amount of work, but it really feels good to have it done. Tomorrow I’ll put on the first top coat, and I should have no problems finishing this side up on Tuesday. Then it’s on to the north side.

Man, I am in the home stretch!

No comments: