ListWise

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Moment of Silence

I want to take a moment to recognize the passing of a dear friend. I first met Sadie about 8 years ago when she wandered into my backyard. She was 4 or 5 years old at the time. Even though I wasn’t looking for a pet, a neighbor talked me in to taking her in and I’ve never regretted it.

Sadie was an overly-affectionate cat and could have spent her entire life purring away in someone’s lap. She enjoyed people very much and felt at ease in large crowds. At times she felt a little too at ease and she tended to claw people if they weren’t paying enough attention to her.

She suffered from liver failure and was put to sleep this afternoon at 3:15 PM. She was able to spend her last night sitting in her favorite spot on the back porch. It was a surprisingly pleasant evening for this time of year.


She was purring with her last breath, and she will be missed.


Sadie 199? - 2008

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg, I am so sorry about your loss.

Anonymous said...

Damn. I liked that cat.

I am SO sorry for your loss.

Ron

Nathan said...

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. It's hard to lose a friend.

Sandy said...

I am so sorry. It is hard to let go, but it is wonderful that you didn't let her suffer. She was beautiful. I'm betting that you gave her the happiest years of her life.

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and Mort. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, companion and friend. Sadie is now purring it up at the Rainbow Bridge.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, Greg.

Marilyn