ListWise

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What Is In Store For 2008

There will be no New Year’s Resolutions at The Old Petch House. The pressure would just be too much. I don’t mind saying something out loud, because I can always deny it later. If its in writing though, it would be kind of hard 10 months from now to deny I ever wrote it.

So these aren’t really resolutions so much as they are vague plans. Yes, that’s it, these are my New Year’s Vague Plans. That’s more my style.

So here we go, in no particular order….

1) Insulate the attic.
2) Line and rebuild the chimneys
3) Get the two fireplaces working
4) Install a heating system upstairs
5) Rebuild the missing cabinets in the dining room
6) Get the house listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Hmmm, that’s odd, the first 4 are all about heating and insulating. I wonder what’s up with that? Who knows. Anyway, as I said, these just vague plans, so if I accomplish none of them I’m right on track.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the wind and rain are howling like it has the last 24 hours, insulation and heating are going to be the first thing that comes to mind.

Katherine said...

How cold is most of your house at this time of year? Mine is around 53 degrees. I am stingy with the oil because I would rather buy a new furnace than burn oil.

How warm can you get your house when you have people over?

Does the heating of your house keep you from having people over?

Personally, I am hoping that you get the dining room in order next.

Greg said...

The upstairs stays in the 40s, which is about what the outside air temp stays at too. I can close off the parlors, and the kitchen and downstairs bath, so those rooms are comfortable. I try and keep the kitchen around 60 at all times, so I have some place to go when I get home. I heat the parlors to 70 or so when I use them. I don't do a lot of entertaining this time of year. Our winters are very mild, and not that long, so its not too bad.