ListWise

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Low-Tech /High-Tech

I was able to get the California Cooler/Server Cabinet assembled today. It wasn’t too bad. Getting the first few pieces together is the hardest. Its kind of like herding cats. Once it gets stable though, its just a matter of driving in nails.



It will look better with paint. As I said in an earlier post, this was all made out of the remnants of beadboard that I salvaged from D&D Motors. Like the old California Coolers from the first half of the century, the shelves are slats to allow ventilation. The right-hand side will get another shelf once it is on the wall. I’m not sure if the left hand side will need one, or if there will even be room for one.






This cabinet will be hung on the wall were that Stern box is. I’ll need to see how much room is left once it is in place. That won’t be for a few days. I’ll pull the Stern box off, mount the cabinet, run an electrical outlet in to each side, and then put the Stern box back. Once I get the electrical done I can finish the beadboard wainscoting. After that I can start to make the doors.

No comments: