ListWise

Saturday, June 09, 2012

One down and less than one to go

The plaster in the back parlor is done! Oh, how I've waited for this day and it is finally here. By this time tomorrow the plaster job in the front parlor will be nothing but an unpleasant memory.

Meagan showed up around ten and finished the narrow areas on either side of the fireplace while I rearranged equipment and materials. She did a very good job. I've always found it frustrating to work in narrow areas like that, but she seems to have a knack for it.

We then worked on one of the two remaining walls together before breaking for lunch. It was then decided we would do the ceiling in the front parlor rather than finish the one remaining wall in the back parlor. Megan had to leave at three to go a job that actually pays money (If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, capitalism doesn't work), and ceilings are much easier to do with two people.

Even with two people, the ceiling is a pain in the neck. And I mean that literally. It is just so uncomfortable to work over your head like that for extended periods. It's done though, and that is what's important.

After Megan left I made a trip to the hardware store for supplies and then finished the last wall in the back parlor. Boy that feels good. Tomorrow we have the four remaining walls in the front parlor and the medallion to put up. I think the four walls will go fast. One wall is is the opening between the two parlors, so it is mostly open space. Another wall has the pocket doors on it, and another wall is almost all window.

After that I can look forward to days of clean-up. Oh joy. I think the next project will be the hearth tile and fireplace surround.

No comments: