ListWise

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Does Size Matter?

Some people think mine’s too big, but I like it, and I get a lot of compliments on it, so who cares. It can be tough to clean, but other than that it suits me just fine. Everybody’s different, right? Some like them big whether they need it or not, while others don’t. So the question is, Is Your House The Right Size For You?

Let’s make this another 2 part poll. First, What Size Is Your House, and then, Is This a Good Size For you? First though, lets look at last weeks question. The answers formed the classic Bell Curve.



It seems that the nesting instinct hits most people in their late 20s. It would be interesting to see if this is the same nation wide, or if HouseBloggers are a different breed. It would also be interesting to compare today’s statistics to those of 100 years ago. Did most people buy homes in their late 20s at the turn of the century, or did they start earlier or later?

Those are all good questions that I don’t have time to research and answer, so let’s move on. This week you are asked what the square footage of your current house is, and then you are asked if this size fits you well.


The Square Footage of Your House
Less Than 1000
1001 to 1500
1501 to 2000
2001 to 2500
2501 to 3000
3001 to 3500
3501 to 4000
More Than 4000
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com




Is This a Good Size For You?
No, it’s too small.
Yes, it’s perfect!
No, it’s too big.
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

4 comments:

Tarr said...

I left the only (so far) comment that my house is too big. I was factoring that I own 1 largish old house, 1 shanty, 1 tiny cabin and a garage apartment. Too much deriliction and decomposition for one person but I can't sell. Except for the shanty. Anyone want a shanty?

www.tinycabin.blogspot.com

Greg said...

That's interesting because after I answered that mine is the right size, I started to think about the apartments over the garages that I love to complain about. I didn't include them in the square footage selection, but if I were too, I would have to say that at 5700+ sq ft the place is too big.

Tarr said...

And here all along I thought you were writing about your, ahem, johnson.

Greg said...

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

;-)