ListWise

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Ready, set, tile!

Believe it or not that represents more than four hours of work. I had to do a lot of cutting and went about it meticulously.

The reason I was so meticulous was because I was afraid of making a mistake and running out of tile. Above is all that is left over. That is it!

During the week this week I spent most every night sanding, puttying, and priming the original millwork. Next I can begin to install the replacement millwork. I need to run to the lumber yard for some flat stock, and I want to get one coat of primer on it before it is installed, so that means that probably won't happen until next weekend.

I still need to deal with the pocket doors, but the hardware didn't come in, so that is on hold. Once the millwork is in and the new hardware is installed on the pocket doors, I can mark for picture rail and then paint!

Speaking of paint, I saw the image above last week and I'm now leaning in that direction for paint colors in the parlors. I was considering blue. I would need a third color for the frieze and ceiling. My one concern is that it too closely matches the colors in the foyer, a.k.a. "The Pie Hall". The colors in there are Lemon Meringue and Banana Cream.

I am getting really close to needing to make a decision on paint colors.

5 comments:

purejuice said...

a really interesting and creative mix of vintage tile. can't wait to see what happens next. (i like the vanilla wall color; seems to me your stained glass brings enough jewel toned hues to the room.)

Greg said...

The tile is nice, isn't it. The original tile hearth was even more eclectic that this. You may be right about the color. There will be plenty of bling in the room already.

Greg

Jayne said...

Love, love, love that tile. Especially the ones with the dragonflies. I found this website and thought of you:

letschipit.com

You can take any image, upload it, and the site suggests paint colors. (It's Sherwin Williams paint.) I thought you could upload that photo of your tile maybe and see what it comes up with. I know how much you enjoy choosing paint colors. ;)

Greg said...

I'll give that site a try, but you have no idea how much I do not care if he paint colors clash with the tile. The tile is a permanent part of the house and paint colors come and go with style. Not only that, but he original tile had all kinds of colors and the original wall paper was mostly green and white.

Greg

St. Blogwen said...

What a beautiful job you did on that hearth!

Kate H.
www.sowsearhouse.blogspot.com