ListWise

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good Day Sunshine

Woo Hoo! We went from rain and drizzle yesterday to brilliant sunshine today. At my real job I’m not what you would call a dynamic go getter. I’m frequently late and any real effort is spent on trying to get the hell out of there are soon as possible. Ninety percent of my usable brain cells are spent on what project I’m working on at home. Of the remaining 10% some of them must be devoted to work but I really can’t give it a value. Hmmm, now that I think about it, 90% is probably devoted to thinking about woman, 9% about the house, and the remaining 1% is up for grabs.

The point of all that is to say that today I woke up to blue skies and I bolted out of bed and was a dynamic go getter only because it meant I could get home fast and start painting the second story over the porch. It took me about 4 and a half hours to strip the shingles to bare wood and get them primed. A new world record.

This means, of course, that not only do I get to start with the first top coat tomorrow, but it means I’m back on schedule! Here is the beautiful sunny view from my working spot on top of the porch.



This is pretty cool. In the picture below you can just make out the 1895 pencil line the carpenter drew to make sure the shingles are put on straight.



When I was working on the porch roof the crazy lady passed by that I wrote about a few days ago. I tried to get a picture of her but she moves surprisingly fast for her age. You can just see her with the blue shopping cart hidden in the trees. Come to think of it, that might be Big Foot.



And finally, in the WTF Category we have the following group of nails and screws I found in the corner of the porch roof. I’m not sure exactly what someone was trying to secure up on the roof. What ever it was it’s gone now, so they obviously needed a few more screws.




Updated Schedule
Tomorrow: Finish prepping porch roof area and prime.
Monday: Paint first coat on porch.
Tuesday: Second coat on porch and start sanding second story shingles above porch.
Wednesday: Bitch and Moan about the weather
Thursday: Finish second story prep and prime.
Friday: Regain composure and paint first coat on second story. Scrounge wood for kitchen trim
Saturday: Second coat on second story. Mill wood for kitchen trim and start installation.
Sunday: Paint porch deck and use Sharkgrip on stairs. Finish installing kitchen trim and putty nail holes.
Monday: Sand kitchen trim and shellac.
Tuesday: Start to clean the feculent hell-hole that is my house.
Wednesday: Get ready to party.

1 comment:

K said...

I'm not a motivated go-getter either. Always late - check. Mind always on house or something else - check. Why do these people pay us? And thank goodness they do.