ListWise

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Porch & Porch Posts Painted

And I’m pooped.

It’s amazing how time consuming this little porch is. I spent three weeks painting that whole side of the house and I’ve been working on this little porch for 2 and a half weeks now and I still have a week to go probably.

I was able to get one coat on everything I had prepped but the interior part of the lattice. I decided to go ahead and paint the steps now because it was getting late and I don’t get a lot of visitors mid-week in the evenings so I think it’s a good time. I put a ladder with a “Wet Paint” sign in front of the stairs. The only ones who will be inconvenienced is the cats. The front porch is a popular evening spot for them to sit. Every time I get off the couch Mortimer bolts for the door.



Here’s where it’s at. Tomorrow I’ll put a second coat on everything and I’m thinking I may go ahead and do that window now. I was going to do it when I did the front bay but I’m not sure if I can stand to look at it once the rest of the porch is finished.

4 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

Looks very nice!

Jocelyn said...

stellar work!

Aunt Jo said...

It looks great!

Unknown said...

I love it! It's the small touches that make the biggest impact.