ListWise

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas….

….Every where you go in the butler’s pantry.



Other parts of the house now look more like the Sahara, or maybe the scene of a coke deal that went horribly wrong. This is why I don’t clean….well, that, and I’m lazy.

This room was unique for one reason. They stripped the plaster off the walls before covering it with sheetrock back in the 20s. I think they must have damaged so much when removing cabinets and putting in doors that it was no longer a suitable substrate for the sheetrock. This entire mess was from the remaining plaster that was in the dovetail grooves. It took almost as long to clean it up as it did to remove it.

Now the demolition is done, though. Next up, stripping the paint off the beadboard. I think the original treatment in this room was a shellac based faux grain oak. I don’t remember if that comes off easy or hard. I guess I’ll find out.

1 comment:

Tazzie said...

I really don't think anyone could accuse you of being lazy ...