ListWise

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Pretty In Bronze

I scored these beauties on Ebay this week. You can file this under “They don’t make them like they used to”.





These will go on the next project I’m planning. That would be the butler’s pantry/dining room cabinets. These will go on the dining room side, of course. The large ones will be for the uppers and the small ones for the lowers. There is almost enough to do both sides, but I’m short 4 hinges. Does Home Depot carry ornately embossed, cast bronze hinges? Maybe I can pick up what I need there. The little cross looking thing is one half of a clasp of some sort. The guy I bought them off of has no idea where the other half is. I may just use it as a decorative element.

6 comments:

Kym said...

Incredible color!

Greg said...

They just shimmer, don't they. When I saw the Ebay listing that said "cast bronze", I wasn't sure at first. But boy, these sure are nice. Even the screws are bronze!

Kathy from NJ said...

Absolutely breath-taking! If Home Depot doesn't carry them, Lowe's might.....

Sandy said...

Totally awesome!

Unknown said...

Score. Those are gorgeous. Why don't they make them like that anymore?

Can't wait to see those on your finished cabinets!

John said...

Wow! Nice score.