ListWise

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

When Will It All End?

I’m at that point in the project that I just want it to be over. I only have a few more weeks, but it seems like an eternity. This interminable feeling that this one project evokes acts like a magnifying glass on the entire house. I don’t think I’ll ever finish.

This feeling makes me question why I ever bought this feculent hell-hole in the first place. What was I thinking? Its just too much. How can I be expected to do so much work and ever be finished.

Then I ask myself, what would I have done otherwise. In my pre-Petch House days, it wasn’t like I was achieving world peace or curing AIDS. Who knows, I may have taken up bank robbery to fill my time. I could be in jail right now or on death row. Maybe this house is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Thank God I bought this house.

8 comments:

mickmaguire said...

Nearly into the 5th month of the bathroom project here - I can certainly relate!

Kathy from NJ said...

Maybe it's time to schedule one day or evening a week where you are NOT ALLOWED to work on or even think about the house. Maybe take in a movie, go bowling or roller skating, take yourself to the water & just stare at the horizon.

Greg said...

Mick,

Ugh! Bathrooms. May even be worse than a kitchen. More plumbing in a smaller space.

Kathy,

After the cabinets are done it may be more than one day a week I take off. I'm thinking a year long sabbatical. Maybe I'll write a book

Christine Thresh said...

Only a few more weeks!

I don't know why I love restoration blogs but I do.

Take a deep breath.

Jayne said...

I'm beginning to know that feeling myself. The fugly shingles are nearly all gone from the house, but now I have thousands and thousands and thousands of nail holes to fill. Interminable.....

Greg said...

Christine,

I'm feeling better now. The rest of the tin ceiling didn't arrive, and well....

Jayne,

I remember all too well pulling thousands of nails and filling thousands holes. I feel for you.

Becky said...

I'm going to e-mail a link to this post to my husband along with the comment, "No wonder Greg gets so much done. Maybe you should adapt his positive attitude." :)

Greg said...

Positive attitude or self delusion – It could be either, really.