ListWise

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chiseled In Wood

Well, there's no turning back now. The design has been finalized and the frames are made.



There is still some work to be done before I can think about getting glass cut, but I think the worst is over.



I've decided to simplify the colors a bit. Yellow is gone and the final colors wil more closely match the other original cottage windows in the house.



Next up I will router the rabbet to accept the glass. Then I can order the glass. While I'm waiting for the glass I can sand and finish the frames. If all goes well I might install them in 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

They look great you are so talented. I love your new design it fits in with the one in your house. I knew you would make the best choice you always do.

Mo said...

[Sorry if I wasn't paying attention and this was already answered...] Is the bottom photo a picture of windows already in your house? If so, was the top large pane (the clear glass) originally red? It would seem, with the alternate colors of the rest of the pattern on both sashes. Just wondering.

Greg said...

Yes, that window is original. It is in the upstairs hall, just above the front doors.

I agree that red would seem appropriate. I think the clear is original, though. It is old wavy glass, and standing in front of that window the clear pane is at the perfect height for surveying the street and front yard.