ListWise

Friday, January 28, 2011

This Never Happens

I can't figure out what happened this time. Everything was going along so well with the front windows and then suddenly the whole thing went sideways on me. Chiseling out the corners is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. The glass was held up being shipped because of the odd size I ordered. Work has been ka-raze-ee this past week, so I've been in no mood to work on it in the evenings. It has just been one thing after another. This never happens!

Oh, wait, this always happens. Never mind, it's business as usual.

In a way it was an odd coincidence that things came together the way they did. If I hadn't slacked off on finishing the frames and the glass did show up on time I would have been frustrated that I couldn't install them this weekend. If I had finished the frames and the glass was late I would have been frustrated as well. As it turned out there was a harmonious synergy of laziness and incompetence that means no one is really to blame.

It's a beautiful thing.

So now the plan is to finish the frames this weekend. Get the glass midweek. Install the glass and get the glazing done. Then I will do nothing the on the windows next week because it is Super Bowl Sunday and I don't want to only finish the install half way on Saturday.

See you in two weeks!

5 comments:

St. Blogwen said...

"A harmonious synergy of laziness and incompetence." Oh, my, that's beautiful. I think I'll use it myself when explaining why I still don't have my stair rail put back together. With proper attribution, of course.

Kate H.
www.sowsearhouse.blogspot.comexp

Jayne said...

"...a harmonious synergy of laziness and incompetence..." LOL

Glad it's all working out for you.

Amanda said...

Your phrase, "harmonious synergy of laziness and incompetence" made me smile. What a great way to look at it. :)

Marilyn said...

My glazing always takes forever to dry, so don't be on a very tight schedule.

Greg said...

Yea, the glazing takes for ever to dry sometimes. Especially on the north side of the house. I can still install the windows when it is wet, I just can't finish the painting.