ListWise

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Home Depot Score!



These big box stores really do have everything, and at such great prices. There I was standing at the check-out line and I started to browse the discount table. Underneath a 6 piece screwdriver set there was a dumb waiter style door complete with Victorian trim and antique Eastlake brass hardware! The entire thing is made of old-growth redwood!! The best part – it was only $19.99!!! It must have been a return item because it looks like someone tried to paint it, but I should be able to clean that up.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yeah, right- you didn't have me for a second there Grex. I guess I'm a cynical renovator!

If they had stuff like that at Home Depot, what would we all do in our spare time?

Derek said...

It's not April 1st, and we know you've never stepped foot inside a Home Depot, or was the Walmart. Dumbwaiter looks great btw.

Greg said...

Yep, you guys are too smart for me. I just can't get anything past you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say, I haven't even seen that at our local salvage yards. It looks beautiful- nice work!

Scott in Washington said...

Actually, they do have stuff like that at Home Depot. You have to knock one of the employees unconscious, drag them behind the bags of redicrete, put on their orange vest (hello, my name is Fred), go through the doors in the back, down through the tunnel and up into the mothership. Thats where they keep all the good stuff, as well as the truth about the crop circles and Michael Jackson