ListWise

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pano-Rama-Ding-Dong

Renovation Rants posted a panorama today and reminded me of some free software my brother turned me on to a while ago. I had forgotten all about it. The concept is the same. You take a series of photos and the software stitches them together and makes a panorama of the photos.

The software my brother showed me takes it one step further. It takes the stitched together photos and puts the output in a Java applet that lets you easily post it on the web. The applet has controls on it to let you scroll through the image. You can download a free copy of the Junior Version of the software at Albatross Design Group’s web site. Look for “ADG Panorama”.

This works best for outdoor panoramas. I did one of my bathroom once that didn’t work well because the space was too small. I’ve posted one here of my kitchen, which I just did tonight. This room was large enough that it worked well.

Very cool stuff. This is great for showing off backyards or other outdoor areas. If you try it be sure to resize the pictures first. The kitchen one is made up of 15 JPGs. Loading them all at high resolution makes the software a bit sluggish. I resized them to about 400 pixels square and then made the panorama.

I had trouble getting it to load through Blogger. It seems to have something to do with pointing to the Java Class that is on my server. Not sure what it is. Anyway, click on the link below and you can see the panorama.

Kitchen Panorama

2 comments:

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

That is very cool! It's like I'm standing in the middle of your kitchen! When we get a bit more work done, I'd like to try this myself:)

Becky said...

It made me kind of dizzy.