ListWise

Friday, December 23, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing

As far as Holiday Seasons go, this has been a pretty good one, I guess, but I’m ready for it to be over. I had a happy little rut going in my life and I’m ready to get back in it. I’ve got one more event to attend tonight, and then I’ve been invited to a New Years thing, which I’m going to skip, and then it will all be over. Whew!

They shut down my work place on Friday this week so everyone could have a 3 day weekend. That sounds good, I know, but what it meant for me was that I had to cram 5 days worth of work in to 4. I’ve been in this alcohol and food induced haze it seems all month so I’m pretty much spending most of the day flopped on the couch. I’m determined to get out to the garage and work on one of the doors for the kitchen, but so far it doesn’t look good.

We do have actual sunshine today, which is good. We’ve been having rain for the past week in Biblical proportions. Yesterday was just unbelievable. The only positive aspect of it is that rain and clouds means warmer temperatures most of the time. We been having daytime highs in the 60s and at night it usually stays in the 50s, and that means I haven’t had to turn on the heater since last Saturday. Two weeks ago temps where in the 30s.

On Wednesday I did have a small water fall in the foyer. At first I thought one of the cats pee-ed on the floor. They have some bad habits, but peeing in places they shouldn’t has never been one of them. The front porch has a flat roof on it. When the POs put a new roof on 7 years ago the people who did the work did a good job with the flashing. Then I kind of screwed it up when I removed the asbestos siding and now it has become a maintenance issue. The water was trickling through the header door casing and made a small puddle right in front of the front door. There is a second story window over the porch so it was easy enough to climb out there and goop it back up with a tube of roof cement. Very nasty stuff. If you get any on your skin it is there for a week.

And finally, if you missed yesterday’s post about the Panorama software and the panorama shot of the kitchen, here’s another one. This one is an outdoor shot taken from half way up Trinidad Head. Trinidad is a small, picturesque fishing village about a half hour up the coast. The harbor is dominated by a large, large out-cropping of rock (a small mountain?) called Trinidad Head. A few years ago my brother and I were doing some hiking and he took these photos and made the panorama. You can see that it works much better for grand, outdoors vistas.


Trinidad Panorama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gas will remove roof cement from your skin.