ListWise

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Long Time No Poll

Yes, it has been a long time. What the heck happened, you ask. Well, as I’ve said time and time again, I’m basically a very lazy person. Oh, and there was the whole mad dash to finish the house painting before the weather changed.

Regardless of the reason, the weekly poll is back…..for now. The last poll - Remember, way back when? - asked about how we all pay for our obsessive house renovating. By far, the majority of us are on the go broke slowly approach and pay as we go. A daring few are using credit cards. Man, I hope those interest rates are low. Others are mortgaging their futures by spending savings and taking out home equity loans.



We have a few criminals among us. You guys totally rock! There are a few that live in fantasy land with a money tree in the backyard. No doubt fairies are doing most of the work while the home owners dream of finished projects snug in their beds.

As for the 2 people whose families are footing the bill, I just wanted to let you know that I am available for adoption. I’m quite, house trained – for the most part – and I won’t even show up for holidays if you don’t want me to. You say the word, and I’ll start the paper work.

This weeks poll deals with kids. Yesterday I was stripping some paint in the dining room, and I got to thinking how much more difficult this process would be if I had a rug-rat or 2 scurrying about. I have no doubt children are a great blessing, but when your house is ripped a apart it must be a bit of a blessing in disguise. How do you do it? On second thought, I don’t want to know. Let’s just get to the question.


Are you renovating with kids?
Yes
No
My SO/Spouse acts like a child
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really meant the last option to read "My spouse SO acts like a child." right?

Greg said...

Yea, that would probably work just as well, and add a *sigh* at the end.

Jocelyn said...

I know you meant significant other even if anonymous didn't get it.

If anyone acts like a child in our house it would be me when I want something done and I have to wait an interminably long time for it.

Greg said...

I play both roles. I act childish and then yell at myself. It's complicated around here sometimes.

Unknown said...

You should add a "I've got one of each" option.
I know I have both.

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn, I got it (SO) I just thought the word play was too good to pass up!

slateberry said...

Have your parents visit more often. After 3 years of walking across the oh-so-tasteful stained green astroturf installed on my porch in the 60s (when they ripped off the original porch & replaced with cinderblocks), my mother handed me a $400 check when she said goodbye, and said, "This is so THAT" (pointing to astroturf) will be gone when I come back!" Hey, it was on the list, but for a few hundred bucks I could re-consider my priorities. Unfortunately she is not so hot-and-bothered by my lack of a master bath or period appropriate kitchen.