ListWise

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It was the worst of paint. It was the best of paint.

Well, it’s raining yet again. It wasn’t too bad, and it’s supposed to be over tomorrow, but still, it’s a little irritating. This weather is not exactly conducive to exterior painting. Because of the rain, I’ve decided to work on the interior of the porch so I put the columns on hold for now. I don’t want to strip the paint off them and then have the bare wood get wet.

The condition of the paint on the siding is the worst I’ve ever seen, and at the same time, it is the best I’ve ever seen. Take a look at these pictures. The black stuff is remnants of the tar paper that was under the asbestos siding.








It’s the worst I’ve ever seen for obvious reasons. The paint is literally falling off the house. It is bad on most areas of the house, but nothing like this. It takes all of about 30 seconds to reduce that to bare wood ready for priming. And that’s why it is also the best I’ve ever seen. Could you imagine how easy it would be to do the whole house if it all looked like that?

So the solution is clear. From now on everybody only paint your house once every 80 or 90 years and your paint will look just like this. It’ll be a snap to repaint. You can thank me later.

In other news, I got my invitation for my nieces graduation today. And even though I got the invitation 3 days after she graduated (the mail service is unbelievably bad here) I couldn’t be more proud. She graduated from Mount Holyoke College, and no doubt was at the top of her class. The woman is seriously smart. She’s even smarter than her Dad and that guy is Jeopardy Champion material. I don’t think she reads my blog but I wanted to say congratulations anyway.

No comments: