ListWise

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I Ran Out Of Primer!

Arrggg! That pretty much sums it up. I got very close to finishing, though. Sherwin Williams is not open on Sundays so tomorrow I will get a third gallon. I’m amazed that 2 gallons was not enough.

As far as yesterday’s post, the hint I dropped about finding something in the yard was a complete fabrication. Sorry, I was just having a little fun. The ruse was nothing more than a vehicle to include the reference of the arrival of the curly redwood. It didn’t seem to warrant it’s own blog entry because it was nothing too exciting. The real story behind curly redwood is, I was up on the ladder painting on Friday and suddenly I got wood when the UPS truck pulled up. That’s it.

Tomorrow I finish priming and maybe start a top-coat on the shingles.

7 comments:

SmilingJudy said...

LOL!!!! It could be just me with my mind in the gutter, but I'm pretty sure that last bit was intentional. :)

Aunt Jo said...

I'm with Judy. :)

Since you're so danged entertaining I'm sure you'll be forgiven for the teaser yesterday.

Deb said...

hehehe

Greg said...

I have no idea what any of you are talking about. I get wood all the time.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,
Say you mention the Oberon Saloon... is that the one in San Jose? I'm asking cause we live in the house of George Keffel who owned it 1893-1917 and wanted to get a picture or more info on it. To view our restoration visit www.sanjosevictorian.com Cheers! Miranda

Greg said...

First off, stunning home! You are doing a wonderful restoration. As for The Oberon, the one I got the tile out of is here in Eureka, CA. The Oberon Saloon in Eureka was in a building built in 1902, but it may have existed in another location in the city prior to that location. I don't know much about the history of the saloon. If you click on The Oberon Saloon label from the list in the left sidebar there is an early picture of the saloon in one of the posts.

....and your house is magnificent!

Anonymous said...

aw shucks, thanks for the compliment. We just got lucky, that's all. Found a house still in its original condition. You've been doing an outstanding job with your house! Miranda