Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Grate Roundup

I soaked the two antique heater grates in a stiff solution of water and TSP for about a week. When I took them out most of the paint had already fallen off. What little remained was then blasted off by the house. A little residue remained in some of the tight corners, but it wasn’t too big of a deal to scrape out by hand.

Last night I spray painted them with the same green paint I used on my stools. They really came out great. Today I put them on the house as my new foundation vents. I don’t have any shots of them on the house, but here is a before and after stripping.

Also, I switched to Blogger Beta, or is it the New Blogger. I’m not sure, but I do know that I can’t seem to access many of the comments that were posted the past few days, but thanks to all for the kind words.


Poppy said...

Very nice grates!

I've been thinking about switching to the Beta Blogger as well but I have this terrible feeling that something will go wrong and I'll lose posts or photos or something...yeah, I'm a chicken!

Anonymous said...

Those grates look very, very nice. You did a lovely job on them. I'd love to see how they look once you put them in.