ListWise

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Finally!

It seems my whole life this past week has been waiting for glue to dry. That accounts for the lack of posting. Waiting for glue to set is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Finally the counter top came out of the clamps. It’s, well, you know…not perfect, but OK. It’ll do. The next steps will be:

1) Cut it down to size.
2) Sand the hell out of it.
3) Finish the edges.
4) Mount it on the counter.
5) Put on the backsplash.
6) Drill for the faucets.
7) Finish it.
8) Mount the faucets.

Here It Is Fresh Out Of The Clamps


Here It Is Cut Down To Size


Tonight I sanded it with 60 grit. Tomorrow I will do 80 and 100 grit, finish the edges, and mount it on the counter. At least that’s the plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, Greg! Just wait until you get the finish on it - that wood is going to look even better!

Jocelyn said...

I agree- great job. You are getting soooo close I can almost taste a home cooked meal. :)