ListWise

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Present From The Neighbors

While it’s true I’ve made some powerful enemies in this town, and some of those enemies are very immature, I do not think this is their work. No, this looks more like the alcohol fueled mayhem of local teens.



I have a corner lot with no fence and these two tire marks go across the front quarter of the lawn. Fortunately I haven’t mowed the lawn in 6 months, or this could have been much worse. The photo was taken after I did my version of a comb over. Mostly the tires just flattened the grass and forced it down in to the dirt.

I used a small, 3 pronged pick to try and bring the grass back up and aerate it to promote growth. The worst part was right at the sidewalk. The tires really dug in and there was a trench a few inches deep for about 3 feet in to the lawn. Most of the dirt that was excavated ended up in the form of a rooster tail going across the street.

But enough of this, let’s enjoy some more Snow Art…





6 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

omg, I read the first few sentences and thought your new paint job had been tagged with spray paint. I felt myself getting a headache. Odd to say, I know, but I'm glad its only your grass.

If we ever get any snow around here in MN, I'm going to make one of those "snow art" snowmen in my front yard. I'm thinking the one with the sharks. They are pretty good humor.

jeannie said...

These are some of my all time favorite Calvin and Hobbes cartoons! (And the snow sharks? Some very creative folks tried those the last time it snowed heavily...somewhere in the world.

http://www.pushby.com/friends/jesse/archives/007925.html

jeannie said...

Here is another Calvin homage...

http://flickr.com/photos/mainman/sets/1460858/

jeannie said...

And yet some more. This is really getting me into the holiday spirit :)

http://www.pbones.com/writings/20050126calvinandhobbes.php

Ben Biddle said...

While also on a corner lot with a very narrow side street, we too have frequent tire ruts in the front yard. Mostly it's semi trucks that have made a poor choice of street to use but we've also had wrecks where they've hit the post protecting the fire hydrant. I've considered paving the area over, building the curbs up to about 12" or placing a large bolder on the corner. Not sure if it would help or just make it more dramatic.

Anonymous said...

We live on a sharp curve that many of the teenagers do about 100 around it and some nice lawn jobs. We now have big boulders and no more lawn jobs but some flat tires and pissed of kids. Oh well.

Beth
crazycatlady