ListWise

Friday, June 01, 2007

A Petch House Miracle

The package arrived from DEA Bath today - 4 days after I ordered it - and they got the order right! It’s almost unbelievable. To make this even more special is the fact that when I called them their web site was down and I had to have them talk me through picking out one of the items.

I needed an inch and a quarter drain assembly for the antique sink. There are several drains to chose from in all different sizes and configurations. If the site had been up and running I would have probably been asked to select one based on the crude pictures and vague descriptions on the site. Because the site was down he had to ask questions and talk me through the selection process. In other words, actual customer service. Quick, somebody ship a load of parkas to hell.

So I think the solution here is obvious when dealing with these guys. When you call, if you have questions about which part is the correct one, tell them you can’t bring up their site, and force them to help you make a selection through a process of Q&A. It’s fiendishly clever, I know.

One of the items I ordered was the spray on repair for the tub. I mentioned the other day how there was some discoloration under the faucet. At first I speculated that it might be rust, but I also guessed that it could just be the enamel has worn away. That appears to be the case, because it looks like I’m showing cast iron. If that’s the case, all of the cleanser and grunt work in the world won’t make it go away.

The stuff I bought from DEA Bath is called Surface Repair by Multi-Tech Products. The color is “Plumbing White” and it is specifically for enamel repair on bathtubs, sinks, countertops, stoves, etc. I’m not sure that I would use this for large repair projects, but for what I have, I think it’s the best way to go.

I was going to apply it today, but if the truth be told, I’m in a really shitty mood {Has anyone else noticed the increased rise in the level of profanity on this site lately?}. My entire life seems to be in flux at the moment. There is really a lot going on, some of it good and some of it bad. The house has taken a back-seat, and for anyone who has read this blog for any length of time, you know that is most unusual.

Change is good though. It forces me to look at things differently. The more change that occurs, the more I look at myself, and the more I reevaluate my place in the world. This is going to be a very interesting summer. I don’t know right now whether that is good or bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg;
Glad you got the last order right. Yes, we did have an idiot working the front, but he's gone. Things should be better now.
John
Bathroom Machineries