ListWise

Monday, August 08, 2005

It’s Alive!

{The Crack of Thunder, A Flash of Lighting, and a Maniacal Laugh} Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha. It’s ALIVE!!!



Ok, I think the Frankenstein metaphor might be wearing a bit thin. Anyway, here’s some more eye candy.



The little green stove to the left is a 1934 Magic Chef. I bought it off a guy in Ohio. It was one of those Ebay auctions that nobody bid on. I offered him his opening bid of $120.00 and he excepted. I think I paid about $350 to have it shipped out to me. The thing is in amazing shape. It belonged to his Grand Mother and she bought it brand new in 1934. She used it on a daily basis until she died a few years ago. I’m basically the second owner.

10 comments:

SmilingJudy said...

beauTEEEful! love it, love it, love it! the floors look great from here.

Ms. P in Jackson said...

It's all gorgeous, your hard work has really paid off and made me extremely envious ;)

Becky said...

Ooooo, I was so excited to see the title of this post. It's a real looker. You can definatly tell you made your monster from quality "parts."

Anonymous said...

Wow- absolutely gorgeous! The hutch is stunning and the stove looks great with the floors and the quarter round along the slab. It is looking so much like a completed home. Time for some before and after pics?

Anonymous said...

I have a dumb question- if you cook on the stove on the left, is the stove on the right just for "mood" or do you burn wood in it? Can you burn wood for heating in CA? Your hutch is amazing, you have any sink pictures for us girls?

Greg said...

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Carol: While the 1890s cast iron stove is primarily for “mood”, It will function for heat eventually. I lined the chimney with double-walled stainless steel. It goes in to the attic at this point and I still need to get it out the roof. The stove will burn coal or wood and I've been told that it will heat much more than the kitchen once it is fired up.

Anonymous said...

Greg,

Once again, you've done it. Looks absolutely beautiful. Both the stove and the hutch look as if they have been there since day one. Floor looks great too. I love the green paint you chose as well. Congratulations!

Jocelyn said...

What you have done there is really amazing. And the floor looks pretty good too. I love the hutch and the stoves. What a great eBay buy.

I have to start trolling eBay again!

Beth said...

I know it's been said, but I must reiterate that it came out beautifully. You must be SO proud.

K said...

Gorgeous! Amazing! Perfect! Love both stoves and the hutch. And the color. And everything else. :)