ListWise

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Meet The Doors

That is Jim on the left and Ray on the right


These will be the cabinet doors that go above the sink. I bought them at an antique store in Old Town. Because I am…well, you know who I am… I paid them off in installments over the last few weeks. I just brought them home today. They were $75 for the pair, which I think was a little over priced, but they are in very good condition, and they fit the space perfectly.

Two Cabinets on Either Side of the Window


They are nearly 4-feet tall which means the cabinets will extend high enough to clear the window trim. This is important because if they didn’t clear the trim there would not be enough room for the crown molding to go around the top.

You can also see in the picture where the dishwasher (Ooo Baby!) and sink will go. Aaand there are my real imitation wood blinds from Smith+Noble. Where that box of trash is there will be another cabinet. All of the cabinets will be made out of bevel board. It is like bead board but just has two bevels and no bead. I have a ton of it that came out of the 1920s addition I dismantled. The 1X4 Bevel board was in all rooms in the addition. I probably won’t start on all of this for a few weeks.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I think I like Ray more than Jim- no maybe I like Jim more- I'm not sure.

Seriously, you are the king of salvage. I look forward to the day when we have a car and I can troll for these kinds of things.

and yes, a dishwasher is pure nirvana especially when you've lived without one for still long. I can honestly say I LOVE mine.

Becky said...

I think if I named my doors I would do like that old show with Bob Newhart. "My name's Becky this is my door Darryle, this is my other door Darryle. Really it makes things much simpler when you have over 50 doors in one house.

Michelle said...

Awesome house!

Can't wait to see the finished product!