ListWise

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Corner Painted!

I lost track of time but it was over 5 hours I think. I knew I had been on the ladder too long when I started to wonder what Clarey Sage tastes like. It really looks good. It’s thick to a point of almost being frothy. Maybe like a Key Lime pudding that has sat out too long. I was able to resist.

I tried to take some pictures but the sun was wrong and they did not come out at all. I came close to getting two coats on everything but not quite. I think I have another hour of work. I like posting the Before & After pictures on the blog for 2 reasons. Of course, I like to show them off, but also because it gives me a chance to scrutinize my work.

You know how it is when you paint a room or refinish a floor you just like to stand there and look at it. You may go back to that room several times during the evening just to take in the beauty. I don’t really feel comfortable doing that with the outside paint job. Especially on the front of the house. I don’t want to appear too egotistical like I am standing there for 10 or 15 minutes admiring my own work.

Passers by might think I’m talking to myself as I stare at the house. “Damn I’m good. Just look at what a wonderful job I did. I’m magnificent!” In reality it’s more like, “It looks good, but…. Look at that line. I’m going to have to do that over. I really should have sanded that more. Oh, I screwed that up. That’s going to stick out like a sore thumb”.

It’s much easier to sit in the comfort of my own home and scrutinize my work while looking at pictures on my blog. So tomorrow expect Before & After pictures. I’ll probably be logging on more than everyone else combined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh about your eating paint comment - when I worked in a plant nursery, every fall we would get thousands of Tulip bulbs. After a few weeks of staring at them for 8+ hours a day, I would start to think "wow those look good, maybe a little butter".....

StuccoHouse said...

Seems like this is more common than one would suspect. I got a chuckle cuz this past weekend, I considered for a moment what WoodEpox would taste like (after a few hours in the sun)....it has a faint penutbutter/hazlenut smell. Wonderful dipped in chocolate, I was thinking. BTW, how in the heck did you get the paint off those brackets so fast? I think we started our brackets at about the same time.....and I'm still working on mine.

Greg said...

The old heat gun and scraper. The bottom layer of paint was just barely hanging on in places.
I just worked on it a couple of hours each day.